Tex-Mex Chilli Bake News
As I go along promoting healthy vegetarian food…this is the first of many..watch this space for some more
Tex-Mex Chilli Bake Serves 2
2 long potatoes
200g can kidney beans, drained
3 tomatoes, blanched and pureed
2 onions, finely chopped
1 red capsicum/bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp oil
oil for brushing
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/2 red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp oregano
salt to taste
4 tbsp sour cream dip
1 cup mixed chopped salad
- Heat oil, add garlic, onion and capsicum. Sauté for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato purée and paste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in all ingredients for seasoning.
- Add kidney beans and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bake in hot oven or microwave until tender. Cut baked potatoes in half.
- place them in serving plate. Top up with beans mixture.
- Pour 1 tbsp of sour cream on top.
- Serve hot chilli bake with sour cream accompanied by mixed salad.